5 Time Management Tools That Will Save the Day

Time management is something that most of us struggle with.

It’s estimated that only 20 percent of an average workday is spent on things that are important. On the other hand, though, 80 percent of the day is spent doing things that have little or no value.

As difficult as it is though, managing our time is important. Not just for the short-term benefits that come from finishing tasks on time, but also because it helps us keep the big picture in mind. Without good time management, it’s difficult to see beyond the day-to-day tasks, and harder to accomplish our long-term goals.

Fortunately, there’s a world of helpful tools available today that can help you to improve efficiency and save time. From software that automates certain tasks to apps that help you to plan out your day, there are plenty of tools that will help you to regain your time and take control of your day.

Let’s look at a few of these tools and see how they can help to make you more efficient and productive this year.

1. Mind42
Have you ever wished that your mind came with a visual map so that you could easily track your thoughts? Now you can! Mind42 is a tool that allows you to organize your thoughts, giving you an easy-to-read map of everything that you have going. It’s a great tool for creating to-do lists, brainstorming, organizing events, and more.

2. Universal Password Manager
You need passwords for everything from online banking to email, and somehow you’re expected to remember them all. A lot of time can be spent trying to retrieve forgotten passwords, and it isn’t exactly safe or secure to write them down. Universal Password Manager is a tool that can help you to save you from wasted time –and frustration. This app keeps all of your passwords in one safe and handy location so you no longer have to worry about losing a password or compromising security. A win-win situation!

3. Pocket
It’s happened to the best of us. You’re deep in a work-related research project, and somehow you get distracted by a link to an interesting story or news article. Before you know it, you’re off track, and when you look up, half an hour –or more has gone by. Introducing Pocket; a handy app that allows you to save those attention-grabbing articles for a later time. Stash them, and read them when you’re off work –no more temptations and no more distractions!

4. Rescue Time
If you’re curious about how much time you’re spending on various tasks –or if you doubt that you ever get distracted, Rescue Time is for you. This app runs in the background and tracks your time. At the end of the day you will get an accurate picture of how you spent your day and how long you worked on certain tasks. This will show you how much time you’re spending on projects, helping you to better allocate your hours.

5. My Life Organized
Finally, My Life Organized (MLO) is an easy-to-use task management system that can help you to reach your goals. This system will help you to track what you should be doing; generating to-do lists for you, and helping you to prioritize tasks that require more immediate attention.

These tools are helpful, but they’re just the tip of the iceberg! If you can think of a task that you’d like to be doing more efficiently, chances are there’s an app for that. Don’t waste more time then you have to, instead, free yourself up to focus on the big picture by simplifying everyday activities. Then start putting that extra time to good use.

Similar Posts