In this article, we’ll:
- Discuss how Buddy Punch (our time clock kiosk app) works. In short, your employees can punch in and out from the same device, and we offer a buffet of features to increase employee accountability and save time on payroll.
- Share Buddy Punch’s customer reviews on Capterra (a popular software review site).
- List four other time clock kiosk apps, alongside their key features and reviews.
Best Time Clock Kiosk Apps
1. Buddy Punch
Decide How You’d Like Your Employees to Punch In and Out
With Buddy Punch, multiple employees can quickly punch in and out from the same device, whether it be a tablet, phone, or computer (all depends on what you specify).
If you would like employees to punch in and out from a shared central device, we recommend either using the QR Code or PIN Punching feature (covered below). However, there are several other punch in options at your disposal, depending on the needs of your business.
If you have any questions, you can reach out via live chat or schedule a personalized one-on-one demo call.
With the QR Code punch-in option, employees hold up a QR code to the camera:
If the QR code matches the one in our system, then the punch will be deemed successful, and the employee would be shown a confirmation message:
It typically takes less than 10 seconds for each employee to submit a punch using the QR Code option, which is great if multiple employees are standing in line and waiting to punch in from the same device.
Note that after the QR code is scanned, you can optionally enable Buddy Punch to take a picture of the employee, and review the photos via a central dashboard (to verify that no one punched in their stead.)
For more information on the QR Code feature, visit this page.
With the PIN Punching option, employees enter a 4-digit PIN to punch in and out:
It’s as quick and easy as that. Once the punched is deemed successful, the employee will receive a confirmation message:
Then, after 5 seconds, the confirmation page will be closed, and it will return to the PIN page, so that the next employee can punch in or out.
Just like the QR code option, this method is very fast (typically less than 10 seconds per employee). In addition, after entering the PIN, you can optionally enable Buddy Punch to take a picture of the employee.
For more information on the PIN Punching feature, visit this page.
Increase Employee Accountability and Prevent Time Theft
With Buddy Punch, you can optionally activate a number of different accountability-related features to minimize time theft and increase profitability. We’ll cover a few key ones below.
Geofencing lets you limit employee punches to a specific location. Simply enter an address (e.g., 123 Oak Street), specify a radius around it (e.g., 500 feet), and employees will now only be able to punch in and out within 500 feet of 123 Oak Street.
If an employee attempts to submit a punch outside this area (e.g., from their home or a far away parking lot), they’ll receive an error message and be asked to try again from the assigned Geofence:
IP Address Locking lets you limit punches to a specific Wi-Fi network or device(s).
For example, if your employees work from an office and use the Wi-Fi network “Spectrum-G7”, then you could configure it so employees are only able to punch in and out when connected to that network.
Or, if there’s one central desktop computer that everyone uses, then you can restrict employee punches to that computer.
As implied by the name, with Photos on Punch, employees take a selfie photo each time they punch in or out.
You can then review all the employee photos via a central dashboard and verify the validity of the punches:
Additional Features to Increase Employee Accountability and Prevent Time Theft
Save Time on Payroll and Increase Profitability
Traditional payroll methods (e.g., adding up hours using Excel) are time-consuming and error prone. Buddy Punch offers several features to help you save time on payroll and increase profitability. We’ll cover a few key ones below.
Buddy Punch automatically calculates regular employee hours, time off, overtime, and more. At the end of each payroll period, you can filter by the relevant dates, and download a PDF or Excel report (pictured above) that contains this information.
Save time and avoid manual entry work by integrating Buddy Punch with your payroll provider. We integrate with:
- QuickBooks Online (See setup instructions.)
- QuickBooks Desktop (See setup instructions.)
- Paychex (See setup instructions.)
- SurePayroll (See setup instructions.)
- ADP Workforce Now (See setup instructions.)
- Paylocity (See setup instructions.)
- Workday (See setup instructions.)
- Gusto (See setup instructions.)
- iSolved (See setup instructions.)
- Wagepoint (See setup instructions.)
- Justworks (See setup instructions.)
- Payment Evolution (See setup instructions.)
- And more
Buddy Punch offers a plethora of time off tracking features. For example:
- Employees can request time off via their phone (iPhone or Android), tablet, or desktop, and this can optionally be subject to an administrator’s approval.
- Paid and unpaid time off hours and balance are automatically calculated. Employers and employees can access this information in a couple clicks, and you can download it via Excel or PDF.
- And more. (See the complete list here.)
Buddy Punch Offers Many Other Features
For example, we also offer:
- Employee Scheduling
- Overtime Calculations
- Time Card Approvals
- Multiple Punch and Login Options
- Adding, Editing, or Deleting Punches
- And much more
Buddy Punch’s Online Reviews
As of this writing date, Buddy Punch has 4.8 out of 5 stars on Capterra (based on 698 reviews).
Below is a small sampling of our reviews:
“Buddy Punch is very easy to use and has several login options. Our employees can use their standard username and password, but they can also punch in faster/simpler using QR codes or a 4-digit pin. BP also organizes your timesheet well so that you can check your worked hours, PTO, etc at a glance… I’ve had to deal with several other time clock solutions at other businesses, ranging from different software to old-fashioned punch clocks to just simple sheets you filled your hours out on. Far and away, BP is the best I’ve seen yet.”Click here to read the full review.
“It’s really easy to use. We just have an iPad set up by our front door and I printed out QR codes for all the employees. It works like a charm. The break rules are great and the overtime accrual is amazing. We love it and would really recommend it!”Click here to read the full review.
“We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start… immediately with zero training or assistance, which was a priority for us. The system is also very easy to use from an administrator end.”Click here to read the full review.
“The area I am most impressed with is with their support — they respond quickly, accurately and offer real solutions.”Click here to read the full review.
Try Buddy Punch for Free
ClockIt offers various features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Time Clock Kiosk
- Attendance Audit
- Geolocation and Geofencing
- Shiftplanning and Scheduling
- PTO, Leaves & Vacations
- Time Card Calculator
- And more
It’s a solid time clock kiosk app. As of this writing date, ClockIt has 4.4 out of 5 stars on Capterra (based on 72 reviews).
“Kiosk App provides a central location for all employees to clock in on one device. Individual logins to the web portal allow employees to check their own hours for accuracy and request any corrections if there are mistakes.”Click here to read the full review.
Connecteam offers various features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Time Clock Kiosk
- Employee Scheduling
- Employee Task Management
- Employee Training
- Employee Communication
- Checklists and Forms
- And more
It’s one of the best time clock kiosk apps. As of this writing date, Connecteam has 4.8 out of 5 stars on Capterra (based on 190 reviews).
“Overall the Connecteam team was very helpful. We took a lot of time before deciding to invest our time into this software to take it company wide. We had several Zoom calls and emails back and forth asking questions about the features we required. Most of these features were included, in the process, or on the list to be added which we really liked.”Click here to read the full review.
Clockify offers various features and functionality, including but not limited to:
It’s a great time clock kiosk software. As of this writing date, Connecteam has 4.7 out of 5 stars on Capterra (based on 4242 reviews).
“It’s incredible! We use this every day for our employees to clock in and clock out, for the bookkeepers to create monthly reports to see which projects we are spending most of our time on, and it even has a mobile app that’s very efficient.”Click here to read the full review.
QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) offers various features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Time kiosk
- Employee scheduling
- Mobile app
- GPS time tracker
- Project tracker
- Who’s working
- Time card options
- Alerts & approvals
- PTO tracker
- And more
It’s a great time clock kiosk app that works with phones (iOS and Android), tablets (e.g., iPad), and computers. As of this writing date, QuickBooks Time has 4.7 out of 5 stars on Capterra (based on 5680 reviews).
“We used to track our time on a spreadsheet that was tedious and time consuming, and a bear for our manager to compile and log at the end of each pay period. This saves everyone time and energy, and also allows us all to be more accurate logging our time because it is easier, and we won’t put it off until the end of the week.”Click here to read the full review.
Try Buddy Punch for Free
You May Also Like:
- 7 Best Employee Scheduling Software Apps: Features & Reviews
- 6 Best Timesheet Apps & Software
- 6 Best Time Clock Software & Apps
- 5 Online Time Clock Software with a Free Version (And a Paid Option)
- 9 Best Apps to Track Employee Hours
- 10 Best Clock In Clock Out Apps (Easily Track Work Hours)
- 8 Best Time Clock Apps for Mobile Devices (In-Depth Post)
- 13 Best Employee Time Tracking Software & Apps for Small Business
- Buddy Punch’s Notifications Feature
- 7 Best Time Card Apps for Construction and Field Crews (With Real-Time Reports)
- 5 Best Timesheet Software with GPS Location Functionality
- 7 TSheets Alternatives (Pricing, Functionality, How Each Tool Fits Into Your Workflow)
- 5 Best Time Clock Software for Construction & Job Sites (In-Depth Look)
- 5 Best Simple Employee Time Clock Apps for Small Businesses
- 4 Best Ways to Track Employee Hours (In-Depth Look)