A work check in app can help your business:
- Increase employee accountability. For example, with Buddy Punch (our work check in app), you can limit employee punches to a certain location or device. You can also require employees to take a photo each time they punch in and out, and then review the photos to ensure the correct employee punched in at the correct location.
- Increase payroll efficiency. For example, our work check in app automatically calculates regular hours, time off, overtime, and more. It also integrates with popular payroll providers such as QuickBooks, Paychex, SurePayroll, and others. In addition, we offer a plethora of time off tracking features, ranging from in-app time off requests, to paid and unpaid time off balance reports.
To help you in your search for the best work check in app, this article will first discuss our product, Buddy Punch. Then, we’ll list several other work check in apps that may suit your needs.
Best Work Check In Apps
1. Buddy Punch
Brief Overview: How Our Work Check In App Works
In this section, we’ll provide a quick, high-level overview of how our work check in app works. (Following that, we’ll discuss Buddy Punch’s accountability and payroll features at length.)
1. Employees have multiple options to punch in and out. They can do so from an app that’s available for mobile (e.g., iPhone and Android), tablet (e.g., iPad), or computer.
2. Our work check in app automatically calculates regular hours, time off, overtime, and more. (Meaning no more time-consuming and tedious manual calculations.)
Per the below screenshot, you can download this information via Excel or PDF.
Increase Employee Accountability via Geofencing, IP Address Locking, Photos on Punch, and More
Buddy Punch offers a plethora of accountability-related features. They’re turned off by default, and you can either activate one or several of the below features, depending on the specific needs of your business.
If you’d like to restrict punches to a specific location, then simply activate our Geofencing feature, enter the relevant address (e.g., 123 Park Avenue), and specify a radius around that location (e.g., 500 feet).
This will restrict employee punches to within 500 feet of 123 Park Avenue. If someone attempts to submit a punch outside of your designated Geofence location, then an error message will be displayed:
Depending on the needs of your business (e.g., multiple worksites), you can set up multiple Geofences, rather than just one.
IP Address Locking is most commonly used by in-office businesses who want to limit punches to a central Wi-Fi network or a specific device (such as a tablet or desktop computer).
With Photos on Punch, employees are required to take a photo each time they punch in and out.
The photo should include a clear image of their face and surrounding background. That way, you can ensure that the correct employee punched in at the correct location.
As pictured below, you can quickly review all the photos at once via a central dashboard.
Other Features to Increase Employee Accountability
Increase Payroll Efficiency via On-Demand Payroll Reports, Payroll Provider Integrations, Time Off Tracking, and More
Buddy Punch offers a plethora of features to increase payroll efficiency. We’ll explore just a few of them below.
As we’ve written, our work check in app automatically calculates regular hours, time off, overtime, and more. (Meaning no more time-consuming and tedious manual calculations.)
Per the above screenshot, you can download this information via Excel or PDF.
Instead of transferring employee hours to your payroll provider manually (which is not only time-consuming, but error prone), set up an integration that does the work for you faster and more accurately.
We integrate with:
- QuickBooks Online (See setup instructions.)
- QuickBooks Desktop (See setup instructions.)
- Paychex (See setup instructions.)
- SurePayroll (See setup instructions.)
- ADP Workforce Now (See setup instructions.)
- Paylocity (See setup instructions.)
- Workday (See setup instructions.)
- Gusto (See setup instructions.)
- iSolved (See setup instructions.)
- Wagepoint (See setup instructions.)
- Justworks (See setup instructions.)
- Payment Evolution (See setup instructions.)
- And more
Buddy Punch can significantly increase the efficiency of your time off tracking process.
For example, employees can send time off requests via our easy-to-use app. They can also view paid and unpaid time off balance reports, and this information is updated in real time.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Click here to explore all our time off tracking features.
If this is pertinent to your business, we cover how to create time off accrual rules in this help doc article.
Note that many other features have an accompanying help doc article that covers the setup process and best practices. We can also help via live chat or a personalized one-on-one demo call.
Explore All of Buddy Punch’s Features
Click here to see a list of all of Buddy Punch’s features, some of which include:
- Employee Scheduling
- Overtime Calculations
- Time Card Approvals
- Multiple Punch and Login Options
- Adding, Editing, or Deleting Punches
- And more
Online Reviews Highlighting Buddy Punch’s Ease-of-Use and Excellent Customer Service
As of this writing date, Buddy Punch has 688 reviews and 4.8 out of 5 stars on Capterra.
We’ve placed a major emphasis on ensuring Buddy Punch is intuitive and easy to use for both employees and employers. In addition, we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service. The median first response time via live chat is 54 seconds, and anyone you’ll chat with is well-versed on the software.
Below is a small sampling of reviews that touch on Buddy Punch’s ease of use and customer service. Click here for the full list.
“Minimal training for end users (employees or managers). The back end (admin) features are just as simple and intuitive. We wanted a product that was simple to use, cost friendly and allowed us to customize — all of these areas were met. Very impressed!”Read the full review.
“The area I am most impressed with is with their support — they respond quickly, accurately and offer real solutions.”Read the full review.
“We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start… immediately with zero training or assistance, which was a priority for us. The system is also very easy to use from an administrator end.”Read the full review.
“The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.”Read the full review.
“The team is responsive, and eager to assist. Any questions we’ve had, whether using the free trial, or after we signed up as a customer, have been answered quickly”.Read the full review.
Take Buddy Punch for a Spin
Connecteam offers an extensive range of features and functionality, some of which include:
- Employee Time Clock
- Employee Task Management
- Employee Training
- Employee Scheduling
- Employee Communication
- Checklists and Forms
- And more
It’s one of the best work check in apps. As of this writing date, Connecteam has 153 reviews and 4.7 out of 5 stars on Capterra.
“We have a couple employees who do not do computer stuff and they are able to view updates and chats on the mobile app. There is so much more to this than first expected and all has been good so far. We are just starting to use the Task Management feature which is going to be a game changer for us with making communication seamless between our field techs and our in-office sales and retail people.”Click here to read the full review.
Clockify offers an extensive range of features and functionality, some of which include:
It’s a great check in to work app. As of this writing date, Connecteam has 4183 reviews and 4.7 out of 5 stars on Capterra.
“We can also create task names and see where we are at in its realization and time we spent on it. It can also be used in groups, as users can be linked in teams. It’s such a powerful tool at the end of day, as it allows us to see how to be more efficient in terms of time/task.”Click here to read the full review.
OnTheClock offers an extensive range of features and functionality, some of which include:
It’s a great check in at work app. As of this writing date, OnTheClock has 514 reviews and 4.7 out of 5 stars on Capterra.
“I love the ease of clocking in using my mobile device. As someone who has always had to punch in on a computer, I know firsthand that computers sometimes take their time opening and connecting to the internet for you to do anything. That’s never fun, especially when you need to clock in. This has been a great product to use instead.”Click here to read the full review.
Hubstaff offers an extensive range of features and functionality, some of which include:
- Online Time Reporting
- Employee Productivity Monitoring
- Automated Payroll & Invoicing
- Employee Scheduling
- GPS Location Tracking
- And so on
It’s a great app to check in and out of work. As of this writing date, Hubstaff has 1269 reviews and 4.6 out of 5 stars on Capterra.
“It allows us to easily calculate the hours worked by our remote team whilst ensuring the team is focused and easily shows us how much is owed at the end of the month. Vital tool for outsourcing.”Click here to read the full review.
Take Buddy Punch for a Spin
You May Also Like…
- 7 Best Employee Scheduling Software Apps: Features & Reviews
- 6 Best Timesheet Apps & Software (In-Depth Breakdown)
- 6 Best Time Clock Apps & Software (In-Depth Look)
- 5 Free Online Time Clock Software for Employees (And a Paid Option)
- 8 Best Mobile Time Tracking Tools (iOS and Android App)
- 13 Best Employee Time Tracking Software & Apps for Small Business
- The Challenges with Managing Remote Team Members
- 7 Best Time Tracking Apps with Geofencing
- Buddy Punch’s Notifications Feature
- 9 Best Apps to Track Time For Your Employees
- Lower Your Labor Costs by Eliminating Time Theft
- 10 Best Clock In Clock Out Apps (Easily Track Work Hours)
- 5 Best Time Clock Software for Construction & Job Sites (In-Depth Look)
- 7 TSheets Alternatives (Pricing, Functionality, How Each Tool Fits Into Your Workflow, etc.)
- 7 Best Apps to Track Employee Location (In-Depth Look)