Businesses that turn to time clock payroll software often do so because they struggle with how to streamline their payroll processes and also increase employee accountability.
For example, many employers who run payroll with traditional methods have to collect paper timesheets, add up all their employees’ minutes and hours using a calculator, apply different overtime rules, and so the list goes on.
This process can become overwhelming.
In this article, we’ll show you how you can simplify your time tracking and payroll process using our time clock software, Buddy Punch, to:
- Generate on-demand payroll reports
- Track time off
- Set up an integration with your payroll provider
- And more
We’ll also list four other time clock payroll software, so you can make a well-informed decision.
Best Time Clock Payroll Software
Note: Sign up for a free trial of Buddy Punch to streamline your payroll processes and eliminate time-consuming manual work from the equation.
Brief Overview of How Our Time Clock and Payroll Software Works
Before we dive into a detailed breakdown of Buddy Punch’s Payroll features, here’s a high-level overview of how our time clock payroll software works:
1. Your employees can clock in and clock out through the device of their choice, whether it be a desktop, tablet, or our mobile app (iPhone or Android).
2. Buddy Punch automatically calculates the payroll data you need. You can then export it in the form of an Excel or PDF file. (Per the below screenshot, the info ranges from each employee’s regular hours, to how many of those hours were overtime, and so much more.)
Features to Help You Save Time on Payroll
Beyond the aforementioned Payroll Reports on Demand feature, Buddy Punch can streamline your payroll process in many other ways.
We’ll cover some of them below.
Buddy Punch integrates with nearly every popular payroll provider, including Gusto, ADP, Workday, QuickBooks, SurePayroll, and Paychex, to name a few. (Click here for the complete list.)
With this feature, you’ll avoid manual entry work, and it will only take a few clicks to transfer employee hours into your favorite payroll provider.
Buddy Punch offers a number of different time off tracking features.
Your employees, for example, can request paid or unpaid time off via the Buddy Punch mobile app (iOS and Android), as you can see above.
As an employer or administrator, you then receive the time off requests and can approve or reject them.
Additionally, we provide an in-app time off summary that shows each employee’s balance, future time off, and more.
Features to Increase Employee Accountability
Beyond simplifying your payroll process, Buddy Punch offers a variety of features to prevent time theft and boost profitability:
- Photos on Punch: Employees take a photo of themselves using their computer or phone each time they punch in or out. Administrators can then verify the validity of the punches.
- Geofencing: Limit punches to a specific area (e.g., 500 feet within 123 Armacost Avenue.)
- IP Address Locking: Limit punches to a specific Wi-Fi network or in-office device(s).
- And more!
Buddy Punch Offers a Plethora of Other Features
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Buddy Punch offers many other features, including but not limited to:
- Overtime Calculations
- Employee Scheduling
- Job Codes/Project Tracking
- Multiple Punch and Login Options
- Time Card Approvals
- Adding, Editing, or Deleting Punches
- And more.
Buddy Punch’s Online Reviews
As of this writing date, Buddy Punch has 4.8 out of 5 stars and 669 reviews on Capterra (a widely-used software review site).
Below are just a few reviews that highlight how Buddy Punch can streamline your payroll processes. (Click here for the full list of reviews.)
“After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting, and analyzing employee punches, and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy-to-implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial, and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for … Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV, and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes.”Click here to read the full review.
“In running payroll, since employees will punch in, being able to track their time as well as PTO in one place saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at the pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals, but will no longer have to search spreadsheets each time for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.”Click here to read the full review
“The integration with QuickBooks has streamlined our payroll, which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who’s been responsible for the complete setup and training of all staff – the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!”Click here to read the full review.
“My staff loves that the software works seamlessly and I love the easy payroll reporting process. BEST of all, when I have a question, Buddy Punch really LISTENS and always walks me through the answer or offers to help themselves.”Click here to read the full review.
“This was so user-friendly and easy to navigate. It’s very affordable and breaks the individual’s hours down to a report that I could merge with our payroll provider.”Click here to read the full review.
“I like how easy it is to use and the time it has saved us each week on payroll. The employees like seeing their time live each day as well.”Click here to read the full review.
“No more adding times, calculating, and then punching them in redundantly. Buddy Punch has taken the work out of payroll and timekeeping.”Click here to read the full review.
“Love the PTO portion and that you have the opportunity to export information for payroll as well.”Click here to read the full review.
Try Buddy Punch for Free
When I Work offers a variety of features and functionality, including but not limited to:
It’s a great payroll and time clock software. At the time of writing, When I Work has 4.5 out of 5 stars and 916 reviews on Capterra.
“Great platform for time tracking and exporting timesheets every week to send to payroll.”Click here to read the full review.
Hubstaff offers a variety of features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Automated Payroll & Invoicing
- Online Time Reporting
- Employee Productivity Monitoring
- Employee Scheduling
- And more
It’s one of the best time clock payroll software. At the time of writing, Hubstaff has 4.6 out of 5 stars and 1236 reviews on Capterra.
“With some of our entry-level employees, we wanted to make sure they were staying on track and have a way to export their time entries to our payroll software Gusto. This accomplishes all of that.”Click here to read the full review.
Connecteam offers a variety of features and functionality, including but not limited to:
- Employee Time Clock
- Employee Scheduling
- Checklists and Forms
- Employee Training
- Employee Task Management
- Employee Communication
- And more
It’s a great time clock and payroll software. At the time of writing, Connecteam has 4.8 out of 5 stars and 142 reviews on Capterra.
“It has a wide variety of features that have allowed us to move payroll and HR to a virtual platform.”Click here to read the full review.
QuickBooks Time offers a variety of features and functionality, including but not limited to:
It’s a great payroll time clock app. At the time of writing, QuickBooks has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 5538 reviews on Capterra.
“This has been a great program that our business has used to track hours worked for payroll. We have multiple offices across several counties and it’s nice to have a central place where all of the hours are entered and available for HR to do payroll.”Click here to read the full review.
Try Buddy Punch for Free
You May Also Like…
- 13 Best Employee Time Tracking Software & Apps for Small Businesses
- Lower Your Labor Costs by Eliminating Time Theft
- 6 Best Clock In Clock Out Systems (Desktop and Mobile Devices)
- Buddy Punch’s Notifications Feature
- 5 Free Online Time Clock Software for Employees (And a Paid Option)
- 4 Best Ways to Track Employee Work Hours
- Time and Attendance Tracking: The Ultimate Guide
- Buddy Punch’s Facial Recognition Punching Feature
- Buddy Punch’s Job Costing Feature
- 7 Best TSheets Alternatives (Pricing, Functionality, How Each Tool Fits Into Your Workflow, etc.)
- Buddy Punch’s GPS Tracking Feature
- 7 Best Employee Scheduling Software Apps: Features & Reviews
- Approve Time Cards In Real-Time
- Buddy Punch’s Scheduling Features
- Buddy Punch’s Paid Time Off Tracking Feature