There are 2 key benefits to using a time clock app for iPhone and Android:
1. Increase employee accountability.
For example, at Buddy Punch, we offer features that can restrict punches to a certain:
- Location: Within 500 feet of 123 Main Street, for example.
- IP address: Only when a phone is connected to your business’s Wi-Fi network, for example.
- And more as we’ll discuss in this article.
2. Save time on payroll.
For example, our timesheet iPhone and Android app offers features such as:
- Payroll Reports on Demand: Employee hours, time off, and overtime are calculated for you and available to export via Excel.
- Payroll Provider Integrations: Easily transfer employee hours to your payroll provider in just a couple of clicks rather than going through an arduous, manual process.
- And more as we’ll discuss in this article.
In this post, we’ll expand on the above features — among others — and make the case for why Buddy Punch is a great time card app for iPhone and Android. Then, we’ll list 4 other options on the market.
Best Employee Time Card Apps for iPhone and Android
Brief Overview of How Our Time Clock App for iPhone and Android Works
Prior to discussing Buddy Punch’s features in depth, here’s a high-level overview of how it works:
1. Employees can punch in through their mobile app on iPhone or Android. They also have the option to punch in from a computer or tablet.
2. Employee hours (as well as time off, overtime, and more) are calculated for you and available to export via Excel. This makes payroll a breeze.
Increase Employee Accountability via Geofencing, IP Address Locking, Photos on Punch, and More
Buddy Punch offers various features to prevent time theft and increase your business’s profitability.
Geofencing lets you restrict employee punches to a specific location.
For example, you could set it so employees are only able to punch in/out when their phone is within 500 feet of your business address (e.g., 123 Main Street).
Click here for more information on the Geofencing feature.
This feature lets you restrict employee punches to a specific IP address.
For example, you could set it so employees are only able to punch in/out when their phone is connected to your business’s Wi-Fi network.
Click here for more information on the IP Address Locking feature.
With this feature, employees take a photo on their iPhone or Android each time they submit a punch.
The photos are then available for easy review via a central administrator dashboard:
Click here for more information on the Photos on Punch feature.
Additional Accountability Features
Save Time on Payroll via Payroll Reports on Demand, Time Off Tracking, and More
Buddy Punch makes payroll a breeze and saves you a significant amount of time and money.
Employee hours — as well as time off, overtime, and more — are calculated for you and available to export via Excel as a CSV file.
Click here for more information on our payroll exporting features.
Instead of going through an arduous, manual process, transfer employee hours to your payroll provider in just a couple of clicks.
Click here for more information on our payroll provider integrations.
The Buddy Punch app can handle all of your time off tracking needs. Just to name a few:
- Employees can request time off within the app, subject to an administrator’s approval.
- Time off balance is automatically calculated. In just a couple of clicks, you (and your employees) can access reports that show how much paid and unpaid time off is remaining.
Click here to explore Buddy Punch’s additional time off tracking functionality.
Buddy Punch’s Additional Features
So far, we’ve listed just a few of Buddy Punch’s key features. For the full list, visit our features page. It covers much more, including:
- Overtime Tracking
- Time Card Approvals
- Job Codes/Project Tracking
Reviews Highlighting Buddy Punch’s Ease-of-Use and Stellar Customer Service
At the time of writing, Buddy Punch has 648 reviews and 4.8 stars on Capterra.
We’re thankful that many reviewers have taken notice of Buddy Punch’s ease of use and customer support. Here are a few examples of what our clients have to say:
Connecteam’s features include but are not limited to:
- Employee Time Clock
- Employee Task Management
- Employee Scheduling
- Employee Training
- Employee Communication
- Checklists and Forms
- Click here to visit Connecteam’s site to see all of their available features.
They offer a great time card app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, Connecteam has 4.8 out of 5 stars and 133 reviews on Capterra.
QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) has features that include but are not limited to:
- Time Tracking
- Staff Scheduling and Messaging
- Time Card Reports
- Payroll and Human Resources Integrations
- Click here to visit QuickBooks Time’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great timesheet app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, QuickBooks Time has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 5,515 reviews on Capterra.
Hubstaff has features that include but are not limited to:
- Online Time Reporting
- GPS Location Tracking
- Employee Scheduling
- Automated Payroll & Invoicing
- Employee Productivity Monitoring
- Click here to visit Hubstaff’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great employee time tracking app for iPhone and Android, and at the time of writing, Hubstaff has 4.6 out of 5 stars and 1203 reviews on Capterra.
OnTheClock has features that include but are not limited to:
- Payroll & Project Reporting
- GPS Tracking
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Click here to visit OnTheClock’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great timekeeping app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, OnTheClock has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 494 reviews on Capterra.
Interested in Trying Out Buddy Punch?
You May Also Like…
- 5 Best Timekeeping Software for Employees (Desktop and Mobile App)
- 5 Free Time Clock Software for Employees (And a Paid Option)
- Project Management Software Solutions to Keep Your Employees on Track
- 9 Best Apps to Track Time for Your Employees (In-Depth Look)
- 10 Best Clock In Clock Out Apps for Small Businesses (In-Depth Comparison)
- How to Prevent Buddy Punching and Keep Team Members Accountable (Via Our Simple Time Tracking App)
- Buddy Punch’s PTO Tracking Feature
- 13 Best Employee Time Tracking Software (Streamline Your Operations)
- 4 Best Ways to Track Employee Hours (Paper Timesheets, Employee Time Tracking Apps, and More)
- How to Use Buddy Punch to Add, Edit, or Delete the Duration of Time Entries as an Employee
- Remote Team Management: How to be Effective Online
- 7 Best Time Card Apps for Construction and Field Crews (With Real-Time Reports)
- 7 TSheets Alternatives in 2021 (Pricing, Functionality, How Each Tool Fits Into Your Workflow, etc.)
- Buddy Punch’s Notifications Feature
- 8 Best Mobile Time Clock Apps (Android and iOS)
- 7 Things That Keep Freelancers Up at Night
- Buddy Punch’s Payroll Provider Integrations (QuickBooks, ADP, Paychex, etc.)
- 6 Best Employee Timesheet Apps & Software (Easily Track Work Hours)
- 6 Best Time Tracking Systems (Desktop and Mobile Devices)
- Employee Time Tracking Using Excel Spreadsheets: Templates, Downsides & Alternatives
- How Your Time Management System Can Impact Your Profitability
- In-Depth Look at Buddy Punch’s Time Tracking Features