There are 2 key benefits business owners get when they use an all-in-one time clock app for iPhone and Android:
1. Increase employee accountability.
For example, at Buddy Punch, we offer features that can restrict employee clock ins and out to a certain:
- Location: Within 500 feet of 123 Main Street, for example.
- IP address: Only when a phone is connected to your business’s Wi-Fi network, for example.
- And more as we’ll discuss in this article.
2. Save time on payroll.
For example, our employee management tool offers features such as:
- Payroll Reports on Demand: Employee hours, time off, and overtime are calculated for you and available to export via Excel.
- Payroll Provider Integrations: Easily transfer employee hours to your payroll provider in just a couple of clicks rather than going through an arduous, manual process.
- And more as we’ll discuss in this article.
In this post, we’ll expand on the above features — among others — and make the case for why Buddy Punch is a great time card app for iPhone and Android (just as useful as it is as a Desktop app or on Mac computers). Then, we’ll list 4 other options on the market to help with employee scheduling.
Best Employee Time Tracking Apps for Android & iPhone
Brief Overview of How Our Time Clock App for iPhone and Android Works
Prior to discussing Buddy Punch’s features in depth, here’s a high-level overview of how the app works:
1. Employees can punch in through their Android or iPhone app. Buddy Punch is available on both systems’ app store, and also can be used as a time tracker app on a computer or tablet (such as iPad.)
2. Employee hours (as well as time off, overtime, and more) are calculated for you and available to export via Excel. These detailed reports make payroll a breeze.
Increase Employee Accountability via Geofencing, IP Address Locking, Photos on Punch, and More
As a comprehensive attendance tracking solution, Buddy Punch offers various reporting features to prevent time theft and increase your business’s profitability.
Geofencing lets you restrict employee punches to a specific GPS location.
For example, you could set it so employees are only able to punch in/out when their phone is within 500 feet of your business address (e.g., 123 Main Street) or remote job sites.
Click here for more information on the Geofencing feature.
This feature lets you restrict employee punches to a specific IP address.
For example, admins could set it so employees are only able to punch in/out when their phone is connected to your business’s Wi-Fi network.
Click here for more information on the IP Address Locking feature.
With this feature, employees take a photo on their iPhone or Android each time they submit a punch.
The photos are then available for easy review via a central administrator dashboard to verify billable hours:
Click here for more information on the Photos on Punch feature.
Additional Accountability Features
Save Time on Payroll via Payroll Reports on Demand, Time Off Tracking, and More
Using Buddy Punch as an android and iPhone time tracker makes payroll a breeze and saves you a significant amount of time and money.
We’re constantly working to improve our software for users. One example is our newest addition, built-in payroll. Now you can transfer employee data straight from work schedules over to payroll processing in just one click.
This feature includes:
- Access to full payroll reports anytime, anywhere
- In-depth data and guaranteed accuracy
- Streamline time and reduced error
- Automatic calculations, deposits, and filings.
Click here to learn more about Buddy Punch Payroll.
Employee hours — as well as time off, overtime, hourly rates, and more — are calculated for you and available to export via Excel in CSV format.
Click here for more information on our payroll exporting features.
Instead of going through an arduous, manual process, transfer employee hours to your payroll provider in just a couple of clicks.
Click here for more information on our payroll provider integrations.
The Buddy Punch app can handle all of your time off tracking needs. Just to name a few:
- Employees can request time off within the app, subject to an administrator’s approval.
- Automatic time off balance calculations. In just a couple of clicks, you (and your employees) can access custom reports that show how much paid and unpaid time off is remaining.
Click here to explore Buddy Punch’s additional time off tracking functionality.
Buddy Punch’s Additional Features
So far, we’ve listed just a few of Buddy Punch’s key features that rank it among the best time tracking apps. For the full list, visit our features page. It covers much more, including:
Not to mention the simplicity and intuitive design of our software. We wanted to make sure that administrators and employees alike could make use of this tool, whether they tend to have difficulty using tech or can work it like a pro.
Use time tracking apps like Buddy Punch to streamline your workflow so you can allocate time and resources to other aspects of your business.
Reviews Highlighting Buddy Punch’s Ease-of-Use and Stellar Customer Service
At the time of writing, Buddy Punch has 780 reviews and 4.8 stars on Capterra.
We’re thankful that many reviewers have taken notice of Buddy Punch’s ease of use and customer support, and its impact on employee task management. Here are a few examples of what our clients have to say:
Connecteam’s features include but are not limited to:
- Employee Time Clock
- Employee Task Management
- Employee Scheduling
- Employee Training
- Employee Communication
- Checklists and Forms
- Click here to visit Connecteam’s site to see all of their available features.
If you’re a small business you can even benefit from Connecteam’s free plan. They offer a great time card app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, Connecteam has 4.8 out of 5 stars and 133 reviews on Capterra.
QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) has features that include but are not limited to:
- Time Tracking
- Staff Scheduling and Messaging
- Time Card Reports
- Payroll and Human Resources Integrations
- Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge Compatibilities
- Click here to visit QuickBooks Time’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great timesheet app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, QuickBooks Time has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 5,515 reviews on Capterra.
Hubstaff has features that include but are not limited to:
- Online Time Reporting
- GPS Location Tracking
- Employee Scheduling
- Automated Payroll & Invoicing
- Employee Productivity Monitoring
- Linux Time Tracker
- Time Audit
- Click here to visit Hubstaff’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great employee time tracking app for iPhone and Android, and at the time of writing, Hubstaff has 4.6 out of 5 stars and 1203 reviews on Capterra.
OnTheClock has features that include but are not limited to:
- Payroll & Project Reporting
- GPS Tracking
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Click here to visit OnTheClock’s site to see all of their available features.
One of the reasons OnTheClock is well-liked is because it allows for unlimited users. At the time of this post’s writing, OnTheClock has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 494 reviews on Capterra.
Harvest is a well-liked time tracking app that comes with features such as:
You can access the free version of Harvest for 30 days, no credit card required, when you sign up for an account. As of this post’s writing, Harvest has a Capterra rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars with 538 reviews.
Interested in Trying Out Buddy Punch?
You May Also Like…
- 5 Best Timekeeping Software for Employees (Desktop and Mobile App)
- 5 Free Time Clock Software for Employees (And a Paid Option)
- Project Management Software Solutions to Keep Your Employees on Track
- 9 Best Apps to Track Time for Your Employees (In-Depth Look)
- 10 Best Clock In Clock Out Apps for Small Businesses (In-Depth Comparison)
- How to Prevent Buddy Punching and Keep Team Members Accountable (Via Our Simple Time Tracking App)
- Buddy Punch’s PTO Tracking Feature
- 13 Best Employee Time Tracking Software (Streamline Your Operations)
- 4 Best Ways to Track Employee Hours (Paper Timesheets, Employee Time Tracking Apps, and More)
- How to Use Buddy Punch to Add, Edit, or Delete the Duration of Time Entries as an Employee
- Remote Team Management: How to be Effective Online
- 7 Best Time Card Apps for Construction and Field Crews (With Real-Time Reports)
- 7 TSheets Alternatives (Pricing, Functionality, How Each Tool Fits Into Your Workflow, etc.)
- Buddy Punch’s Notifications Feature
- 8 Best Mobile Time Clock Apps (Android and iOS)
- 7 Things That Keep Freelancers Up at Night
- Buddy Punch’s Payroll Provider Integrations (QuickBooks, ADP, Paychex, etc.)
- 6 Best Employee Timesheet Apps & Software (Easily Track Work Hours)
- 6 Best Time Tracking Systems (Desktop and Mobile Devices)
- Employee Time Tracking Using Excel Spreadsheets: Templates, Downsides & Alternatives
- How Your Time Management System Can Impact Your Profitability
- In-Depth Look at Buddy Punch’s Time Tracking Features