5 Employee Time Tracking Apps for Android and iPhone (In-Depth Look)
There are 2 key benefits to using an all-in-one time clock app for iPhone and Android:
1. Increase employee accountability.
For example, at Buddy Punch, we offer features that can restrict punches to a certain:
- Location: Within 500 feet of 123 Main Street, for example.
- IP address: Only when a phone is connected to your business’s Wi-Fi network, for example.
- And more as we’ll discuss in this article.
2. Save time on payroll.
For example, our timesheet iPhone and Android app offers employee management features such as:
- Payroll Reports on Demand: Employee hours, time off, and overtime are calculated for you and available to export via Excel.
- Payroll Provider Integrations: Easily transfer employee hours to your payroll provider in just a couple of clicks rather than going through an arduous, manual process.
- And more as we’ll discuss in this article.
In this post, we’ll expand on the above features — among others — and make the case for why Buddy Punch is a great time card app for iPhone and Android (just as useful as it is as a Desktop app or on Mac computers). Then, we’ll list 4 other options on the market to help with employee scheduling.
Note: After reading this article, if you find that Buddy Punch is the right time tracking tool for your business, you can sign up for a free trial here or request a 1-on-1 demo call.
Best Employee Time Tracking Apps for Android & iPhone
1. Buddy Punch
Brief Overview of How Our Time Clock App for iPhone and Android Works
Prior to discussing Buddy Punch’s features in depth, here’s a high-level overview of how the app works:
1. Employees can punch in through their Android or iPhone app. Buddy Punch is available on both systems’ app store, and also can be used as a time tracker app on a computer or tablet (such as iPad.)
2. Employee hours (as well as time off, overtime, and more) are calculated for you and available to export via Excel. These detailed reports make payroll a breeze.
Increase Employee Accountability via Geofencing, IP Address Locking, Photos on Punch, and More
As a comprehensive attendance tracking solution, Buddy Punch offers various reporting features to prevent time theft and increase your business’s profitability.
Geofencing lets you restrict employee punches to a specific GPS location.
For example, you could set it so employees are only able to punch in/out when their phone is within 500 feet of your business address (e.g., 123 Main Street) or remote job sites.
Click here for more information on the Geofencing feature.
IP Address Locking
This feature lets you restrict employee punches to a specific IP address.
For example, admins could set it so employees are only able to punch in/out when their phone is connected to your business’s Wi-Fi network.
Click here for more information on the IP Address Locking feature.
Photos on Punch
With this feature, employees take a photo on their iPhone or Android each time they submit a punch.
The photos are then available for easy review via a central administrator dashboard to verify billable hours:
Click here for more information on the Photos on Punch feature.
Additional Accountability Features
Buddy Punch offers several other accountability-related features, including Facial Recognition Punching, GPS Tracking, and so on.
Sign up for a free trial here or request a 1-on-1 demo call to learn more.
Save Time on Payroll via Payroll Reports on Demand, Time Off Tracking, and More
Using Buddy Punch as an android and iPhone time tracker makes payroll a breeze and saves you a significant amount of time and money.
Payroll Reports on Demand
Employee hours — as well as time off, overtime, hourly rates, and more — are calculated for you and available to export via Excel in CSV format.
Click here for more information on our payroll exporting features.
Payroll Provider Integrations
Instead of going through an arduous, manual process, transfer employee hours to your payroll provider in just a couple of clicks.
Click here for more information on our payroll provider integrations.
Time Off Tracking
The Buddy Punch app can handle all of your time off tracking needs. Just to name a few:
- Employees can request time off within the app, subject to an administrator’s approval.
- Automatic time off balance calculations. In just a couple of clicks, you (and your employees) can access custom reports that show how much paid and unpaid time off is remaining.
Click here to explore Buddy Punch’s additional time off tracking functionality.
Buddy Punch makes accruals a breeze. If this feature is applicable to your business, learn more via this video or our help doc articles.
Buddy Punch’s Additional Features
So far, we’ve listed just a few of Buddy Punch’s key features that rank it among the best time tracking apps. For the full list, visit our features page. It covers much more, including:
- Overtime Tracking
- Time Card Approvals
- Job Codes/Project Tracking
Use time tracking apps like Buddy Punch to streamline your workflow so you can allocate time and resources to other aspects of your business.
Reviews Highlighting Buddy Punch’s Ease-of-Use and Stellar Customer Service
At the time of writing, Buddy Punch has 780 reviews and 4.8 stars on Capterra.
We’re thankful that many reviewers have taken notice of Buddy Punch’s ease of use and customer support, and its impact on employee task management. Here are a few examples of what our clients have to say:
Click here to see all of our Buddy Punch reviews on Capterra.
Connecteam’s features include but are not limited to:
- Employee Time Clock
- Employee Task Management
- Employee Scheduling
- Employee Training
- Employee Communication
- Checklists and Forms
- Click here to visit Connecteam’s site to see all of their available features.
They offer a great time card app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, Connecteam has 4.8 out of 5 stars and 133 reviews on Capterra.
Click here to see all of Connecteam’s Capterra reviews.
3. QuickBooks Time
QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) has features that include but are not limited to:
- Time Tracking
- Staff Scheduling and Messaging
- Time Card Reports
- Payroll and Human Resources Integrations
- Click here to visit QuickBooks Time’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great timesheet app for Android and iPhone, and at the time of writing, QuickBooks Time has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 5,515 reviews on Capterra.
Click here to see all of Quickbooks Time’s Capterra reviews.
Hubstaff has features that include but are not limited to:
- Online Time Reporting
- GPS Location Tracking
- Employee Scheduling
- Automated Payroll & Invoicing
- Employee Productivity Monitoring
- Click here to visit Hubstaff’s site to see all of their available features.
It’s a great employee time tracking app for iPhone and Android, and at the time of writing, Hubstaff has 4.6 out of 5 stars and 1203 reviews on Capterra.
Click here to see all of Hubstaff’s Capterra reviews.
OnTheClock has features that include but are not limited to:
- Payroll & Project Reporting
- GPS Tracking
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Click here to visit OnTheClock’s site to see all of their available features.
One of the reasons OnTheClock is well-liked is because it allows for unlimited users. At the time of this post’s writing, OnTheClock has 4.7 out of 5 stars and 494 reviews on Capterra.
Click here to see all of OnTheClock’s Capterra reviews.
Honorary Mention: Harvest
Harvest is a well-liked time tracking app that comes with features such as:
You can access the free version of Harvest for 30 days, no credit card required, when you sign up for an account. As of this post’s writing, Harvest has a Capterra rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars with 538 reviews.
Click here to see all of Harvest’s Capterra reviews.
Interested in Trying Out Buddy Punch?
If you find that Buddy Punch is the right fit for your business, you can watch our pre-recorded demo above, sign up for a free trial, or request a 1-on-1 demo call.
You May Also Like…
- 5 Best Timekeeping Software for Employees (Desktop and Mobile App)
- 5 Free Time Clock Software for Employees (And a Paid Option)
- Project Management Software Solutions to Keep Your Employees on Track
- 9 Best Apps to Track Time for Your Employees (In-Depth Look)
- 10 Best Clock In Clock Out Apps for Small Businesses (In-Depth Comparison)
- How to Prevent Buddy Punching and Keep Team Members Accountable (Via Our Simple Time Tracking App)
- Buddy Punch’s PTO Tracking Feature
- 13 Best Employee Time Tracking Software (Streamline Your Operations)
- 4 Best Ways to Track Employee Hours (Paper Timesheets, Employee Time Tracking Apps, and More)
- How to Use Buddy Punch to Add, Edit, or Delete the Duration of Time Entries as an Employee
- Remote Team Management: How to be Effective Online
- 7 Best Time Card Apps for Construction and Field Crews (With Real-Time Reports)
- 7 TSheets Alternatives (Pricing, Functionality, How Each Tool Fits Into Your Workflow, etc.)
- Buddy Punch’s Notifications Feature
- 8 Best Mobile Time Clock Apps (Android and iOS)
- 7 Things That Keep Freelancers Up at Night
- Buddy Punch’s Payroll Provider Integrations (QuickBooks, ADP, Paychex, etc.)
- 6 Best Employee Timesheet Apps & Software (Easily Track Work Hours)
- 6 Best Time Tracking Systems (Desktop and Mobile Devices)
- Employee Time Tracking Using Excel Spreadsheets: Templates, Downsides & Alternatives
- How Your Time Management System Can Impact Your Profitability
- In-Depth Look at Buddy Punch’s Time Tracking Features